CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

You Know You're A Teacher When...

Abby is hosting a "You Know You're a Teacher When..." Linky Party!  Click to link up to the fun!

You Know You're a Teacher When...

- You can't get past the dollar section at Target without buying a few (or LOTS!) things of things that are just PERFECT for your classroom!!

- You say, "I better not hear the "F" word come out of your mouth..." and you are referring to the FAIR!!!!  Seriously...in the small town where I teach, the fair is BIG NEWS and the talk of the town that time of the year!

- You mention a SKITTLE (only ONE), kids immediately straighten up and are little ANGELS!

- The laminator, Cricut, and Sharpie Pens are your best friends! :)

- Your iTunes playlist includes Addition and Subtraction Rock, Disney, and Morning Meeting Songs.

- You pick out kids in your class that you want your own kids to be like...and those kids that you don't want them to be like! ;)

- You would do ANYTHING to see a student succeed and LOVE the look on their faces when you tell them you think they are AMAZING!

- You have to use hand sanitizer after checking their Take Home Notebooks....ummm...Can we say GROSS!!!

- You spend the summer planning, creating, and devising new materials to use next year.


~`~-Lauren

7 comments:

  1. I loved your one about the "fair". I'm still laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on devoting a large portion of my summer to creating school-related materials!!! We just can't let it go...and we finally have a chance to let our creativity flow without all that pressure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I now follow your blog!

    awigginsworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Popping by to say Hi. You were spotlighted in my Blog Mix Linky Party.

    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true !!! Thanks for the laugh! I think I'm your newest follower! Great blog!
    ~Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha I'm laughing out loud. I just uploaded the doubles rap of my kids singing to my ipod this evening. Ahh the things we do! Love your blog - I'm your newest follower. :) Hope you can jump on over to my blog and visit.

    Second Grade Sugar and Spice

    ReplyDelete