CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Welcome to Second Grade Sweeties!! Meet the Teacher!!

Welcome to Second Grade Sweeties!  I recently started following some great teachers' blogs and decided it was time to start my own. I can't wait to share ideas and get new ideas from other creative teachers. 


My name is Lauren Harrington and this is my second year of teaching 2nd grade.  I graduated from Lambuth University in Jackson, TN which is where I met my amazing husband.   We got married this past June.  He teaches and coaches (basketball and baseball) at the local high school.  Being a coach's wife is a challenging job! :)  I love spending time with my family and friends...and consider myself very blessed to live the life I live!!!


Q: What would you be doing if you weren’t a teacher?                                            
A:  Something crafty!!!  I love to scrapbook...but haven't had time to recently!

Q: What are your hobbies?                                                                                   
A:  Scrapbooking, camping trips/vacations, going to my hubby's ballgames, reading (when I have time), finding cute/creative things to use in my classroom!                                                                

Q: When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?                    
A:  Surprise, Surprise...I ALWAYS wanted to be a TEACHER :)
  
Q: What are your guilty pleasures?                                                                 
 A: Coke Zero, Reese's Cups, The Bachelor TV show, spending toooo much time on the internet finding new ideas for my class!!

Q: What is your biggest fear?!                                                                      
 A: Storms and being alone!!!!

Q: When you’re on vacation, where do you like to go?                                  
 A: Somewhere RELAXING!!!  The beach or the mountains :)  My most favorite place is Bar Harbor, Maine!!!
                                                          
Q: What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?                                                 
A:  Give all your worries to God....He will never give you more than you can handle!!

Q: What do you value most in others?                                                                  
A:  A sense of pride for what you do.  RESPECT!!

Q: If you could choose one of your personality traits to pass down to your kids, what would it be?                                                                                                       
A: I don't have kids yet, but when I do, I want them to have my trait of having FUN and SMILING!!  Life is too short to take way too seriously!!!    

Q: If you could have lunch with anyone in the world….living or dead…who would it be?                                                                                                              
A:  I know it's cheesy...but I would pick my MOM!!!  She is also a teacher and and we always have SOOOO much to talk about!! :)

Now tell us one random thing about yourself:
I have never broken any bones or seriously injured myself!  I hope it stays that way :D

1 comment:

  1. I just stumbled across your blog and am your newest follower! I'm also a 2nd grade teacher/blogger! :)

    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness

    ReplyDelete